USES & BENEFITS OF SYNGONIUM NEON
- The Syngonium Pink Neon is simply the cutest ornamental creeper you will have met. Its adorable pink heart shaped foliage makes him look like an artificial plant. Ideal for both tabletops and floor planters, with proper care. Good low-maintenance indoor plant. Hanging baskets or train on trellis or mossy growing pole. Also used an an annual in shady borders or mixed containers.
- These plants have unique transformational foliage. As the plant matures, the juvenile leaves grow and get more lobed. The typical arrow-like shape of the leaves gives the common name “arrow-head plants” to the Syngoniums. The genus majorly comprises of houseplants and around 20-meter long woody vines.
- Everyone appreciates the benefits of beautiful, comfortable living environments. Feng Shui takes the approach that your surroundings affect not just your level of material comfort but also your physical and mental health, your relationships, and your worldly success.
- Syngonium plants are not just decorative, they have the ability to cleanse the air you, breathe and act as anti-pollutants. These plants can reduce components of indoor air pollution, even volatile organic compounds such as benzene, formaldehyde, toluene, and xylene. They also reduce airborne microbes and increase humidity.
THINGS YOU SHOULD KNOW BEFORE PLANTING SYNGONIUM NEON
- As a vine that’s used to weaving its way through the rainforest canopy, bright filtered light is what the pink arrowhead vine favours. That being said, it’s pretty forgiving on the lower spectrum too. Just keep out of direct sunlight to protect the soft foliage and to keep its pink colours bright.
- The pink syngonium likes to be evenly moist, but it has a reasonable tolerance for drought too. It should fare well in a range of closed terrarium conditions as long as there’s sufficient moisture in the system.
- This versatile species isn’t overly fussy about what it’s planted in, but mimicking its native tropical environment is always a good option. A light substrate mix with good aeration, water retention and drainage is ideal for Syngonium ‘Neon Robusta’.
- Being a tropical and subtropical species, Syngonium podophyllum ‘Neon Robusta’ is quite sensitive to temperature. The fact that it’s not frost hardy shouldn’t be much of an issue in a terrarium, but it’s still important to maintain a room temperature above 10°C (50°F) and avoid areas with cold drafts or wide temperature fluctuations.
- Humidity is less critical, but the pink arrowhead vine will appreciate the higher air moisture in a closed terrarium environment.
- When it comes to growth, Syngonium ‘Neon Robusta’ is quite versatile. It can grow to a variety of sizes depending on the environment and how it’s planted, but terrarium conditions should temper its growth to some degree. With a max height in a terrarium expected to be 20-30 inches, it will probably need a regular trim unless it’s planted in a suitably large container.
- It’s super easy to propagate Syngonium ‘Neon Robusta’ through stem cuttings. Simply cut off a tip of a reasonable length – ideally behind a root node at a 45° angle – and you can either grow that in water or plant right back into the substrate.