Uses of Basil Combo Seed
- Basil Combo Seed is a widely used herb in cooking because of its spicy flavor. In Italian dishes, it is often served with tomatoes or Parmesan cheese. In addition, basil is used to flavor pasta dishes, cookies, muffins, cake batter, and bread. Basil also adds a pleasant aroma to kitchen appliances such as toasters and blenders.
- Basil is an excellent ingredient in salad dressings. You can use the leaves raw or you can steam them and add them to your salad dressings.
- Basil pairs well with pasta dishes. You can steam the basil leaves and add it to your pasta to give it a sweet and sour flavor. Alternatively, you can add chopped basil leaves to soups or broths to make them more interesting.
- A combination herb garden can be used as a delicious and healthy addition to any kitchen. You can get the taste you are looking for from basil, but you can also have other great herbs as well.
Things you should know before planting Basil Combo Seed
- Basil is very easy to grow. It is best planted in soil that contains some nitrogen. It should not be planted in clay or sandy areas. This type of soil is not conducive to the growth of other types of herbs. Before planting, it is best to make sure the ground is well-drained.
- If you want your basil plants to have more blooms, you can prune them often. Each bloom should be trimmed down to one-half inch after one or two blooms have died back. You will have more blooms when you prune.
- If you are not growing basil in containers, then you should get good quality soil for your plants. The best type of soil to grow basil on is compost that has been enriched with manure from chickens or a cow.
- After you plant your basil plant, you need to water it regularly. You should do this every other day, but you should wait until it has dried up completely before watering again. If you over-water it, the roots may rot, which can kill the plant.
- When you are harvesting the basil, you should keep the leaves from the stems. When it is ripe, you can then remove the leaves and cut them into pieces. If you are using a knife to cut the leaves, you should make sure you do not cut too deep into the flesh.
- If the plant turns brown or yellowed, you should replant it. There are several sources of basil that you can use in your recipes. The best ones to use are the French basil, Chinese basil, Italian basil, and the California basil. Just ensure they all have been harvested from the same plant.