Curcuma Siam Swift Uses:-
- This Curcuma Siam Swift plant has been used for a variety of medicinal purposes in Thailand. Some of the medicinal properties it contains are anti-inflammatory; analgesic, antiseptic, quercetin (a natural antiseptic), diuretic, stimulant, stomachic, and anti-carcinogenic.
- It also contains saponins (saponins) that have anti-bacterial, anti-viral, anti-fungal, anti-parasitic, and anti-inflammatory properties. The main compounds found in this plant, which are encapsulated within the edible portions, are the same components found in the Penicillium genus.
- Curcuma Siam Swift Health benefits:-
- Curcuma Siam Swift plant has also been used to treat nervous system disorders, inflammatory bowel diseases and circulatory disorders. Curcuma Siam Swift plant can also be used to treat hair loss in women who are undergoing chemotherapy.
- It has also been used to increase the level of testosterone in menopausal women and treat low testosterone levels. When taken as a herbal supplement, Curcuma Siam Swift plant shows positive benefits in both men and women.
- However, there is a need for further studies before we can say that it is safe to use as a dietary supplement.
Curcuma Siam Swift Properties:-
- Curcuma Siam Swift plant is highly tolerant of drying, rotting and frost. It will grow just about everywhere but does better when planted in dense shade and well-drained acidic soil. To keep the leaf green and new, keep it damp during cooler periods of the year. Planting it straight up in the garden three to six inches deep and three to six inches wide will ensure that it has enough space for healthy root growth.
- The leaves are dark green and contain a mild aroma. When brewed the tea becomes light green and has a very sweet taste. The tea can be brewed and drunk hot or cold. Since it is both caffeinated and herbal, caution should be taken not to overdo it as the tea can be highly intoxicating when consumed in excess.