USES AND BENEFITS OF SYNGONIUM ROBUSTA
- Syngonium ‘Neon Robusta’ makes a gorgeous addition to larger terrariums where it has room to flourish, or open terrariums that spill out with trailing wild growth.The juvenile leaves of the pink syngonium strongly exhibit that characteristic arrowhead shape, but you can expect them to change a lot as they mature.
- Syngonium plant scientifically known as Syngonium podophyllum is a beautiful houseplant and also acts as an air purifier. The common name of this plant is arrowhead (vine or plant) and goosefoot. Syngonium is a fast-growing tropical plant that has variegated green and white leaves when grown indoor and large green leaf when grown outdoors.
- Syngonium is a beautiful foliage plant having arrow-shaped leaves. It can be used as a garden plant and also as an indoor house plant. The leaves of these plants are very beautiful and have a variegated pattern of cream white and green color. The plant gives a good lush green look to the indoor environment.
- The pruning is needed to keep a Syngonium living indoors handsome looking and to avoid the ugly flop effect. Also because the plant is slightly poisonous you really do want to know where all parts of the plant are growing and creeping around, especially if you have curious children or hungry pets around.
- Arrowhead vines are easy to grow and do well growing indoors in a low-to-medium light as a trailing, climbing or hanging vine. It can also be kept pruned for a more bushy appearance. With many varieties, cultivars and colors to choose from, these foliage plants coordinate well with any decor and adds interest in variegated shades of green and white, silver, cream, pink or even purple.
Things you need to know about Syngonium Robusta
- Water Requirement
These plants have a medium tolerance for droughts. However, they usually love moist soil. A simple strategy for summer is to water thoroughly after the upper layer of soil gets about 70% dry. However, in winter, water right after the soil gets completely dry. Twice a week in summer and once in two weeks in winter is an estimated frequency.
Importantly, always avoid over-watering. Soggy soil is highly unsuitable for these plants and may lead to fungus and root rot.
- Sunlight Requirement
Semi-shade with indirect sunlight is the ideal condition for the plant. Howbeit, the Syngoniums are usually resistant to a variety of light conditions including a well-lit shady area. Complete shade is not bearable by the plant. Possible symptoms of inadequate light include leggy stems and foliage discolouration. If you see these features in your plant, consider shifting to a well-lit area right away.
Importantly, always avoid keeping the plant in direct sunlight. As this may burn the delicate Robusta leaves.
- Temperature Requirement
Optimal temperature range for the plant is 60 to 85 °F.( 15 to 29 °C). These plants are not frost hardy. Thus, prefer keeping them in a warm area as soon as the days get cold.
- Humidity Requirement
Being naïve to rainforests, these plants are humidity lovers. About 70% humidity in the air shows good results for the foliage. You can manage the dry days by mild misting. Moreover, you can place a pebble-water tray under the plot. However, avoid keeping the plants wet for long.
- Soil Requirement
This plant needs rich, well-drained and light substrate. Potting mixes are better and light as compared to the potting soils. You can also mix a store-bought potting mix with a peat-based medium.
- Fertilizer Requirement
Additional nutrients will show good effects in the plant health. March to September; use a houseplant fertilizer once a month. Howbeit, fertilizer is not much required by the Neon Robusta, during the cold months(October to February).
- Pot Requirements
The climber needs a supporting totem in the pot to climb on it. The climbing roots or nodes help the plant to climb over the nearby support. In absence of support, the plant may also climb and get attached to a nearby wall. Make sure the pot has drainage holes at the base.