Sansevieria Star Uses:-
- In recent years, there have been many studies done on the effect of this herb on diabetes. It is reported that diabetic patients taking the plant extract (Salvibola) experience a considerable reduction in their blood sugar levels. This reduction is comparable to the effect of prescription medication.
- The other name for hypertension is high blood pressure. Many studies have shown that S salvibola has beneficial effects on the cardiovascular system, helping to reduce the levels of calcium, cholesterol and triglycerides. It also reduced the levels of PEOs (Protein Emide compounds) and ALA (Anandhanic Acid) which are known to be predisposing factors for hypertensive diseases like coronary heart disease and atherosclerosis. This herb also seems to be effective in inhibiting the formation of nitric oxide, which helps in lowering blood pressure.
- Last but not least, one of the most popular uses of Sansevieria Star plant is for its supposed benefits against nausea and vomiting. In animal studies, it was reported that the plant had a sedative effect. However, more studies need to be done before we can draw conclusions. However, much research had been done in this area already and it seems to be safe, although there is a lot of conflicting evidence. There is some evidence that it might have some antiseptic properties too.
Sansevieria Star Health Benefits:-
- The Sansevieria Star plant is a member of the starches and grains family. These starches and grains have been used for thousands of years by our ancestors. Many health benefits of Sansevieria Star plant are also known by our ancestors. Some of these include:
- It helps maintain healthy skin and hair. It also helps prevent dandruff and promote healthy sebum (oil) production. It prevents blood clots and is also beneficial in lowering cholesterol. It also helps protect the heart from heart attacks. Studies show that drinking the juice twice daily can help to lower blood sugar levels.
- The plant also contains lots of calcium which helps to strengthen bones and teeth. In fact, studies done on animals suggest that this leafy plant is also useful for combating bone loss and osteoporosis. Other studies suggest that eating this extract along with calcium supplements can prevent the formation of kidney stones.
- This vitamin E has many health benefits. Some of them include increasing elasticity and strength of the joints. It also helps prevent prostate cancer. Studies show that it is effective in lowering cholesterol. However, further research is still required to verify if these claims are true.
- Some studies have indicated that this plant is effective in fighting against Alzheimer’s disease and helps in keeping the glucose level stable. In addition, it helps in lowering cholesterol. Moreover, it is also helpful in reducing menstrual cramps and headaches. The other health benefits of Sansevieria Star plant include reducing pain due to arthritis, eczema and gout. Moreover, it is also effective in relieving depression and fever.
- It is also believed that this small plant contains many powerful antioxidants which help in fighting against free radicals. Free radicals damage the cells by damaging DNA, causing mutations and malfunctions. Antioxidants counter these mutations by binding with the free radicals and destroying them. They are also known to scavenge and neutralize hydroxyl radicals that cause ageing and heart disease.
Sansevieria Star Properties:-
- The uses of Sansevieria Star are varied but you can use it to beautify your house as well as for your indoor garden. It is quite easy to grow this plant and it will also tolerate minimal amounts of water so you won’t have to worry about watering it too much. In fact, the only watering that is needed is when the weather gets extremely dry. Once the soil is moistened, you can use an irrigation system to make sure that the roots are properly watered.
- The plant is also noted for having pest repellent properties. If you have a pest problem in your area, you can easily use the Sansevieria Star as a preventive measure. You can also use the foliage that is on the plant as bait for fish. It is recommended that you harvest the plant’s leaves at least once a year so that you can ensure that they get enough nutrition.
- Because the plant blooms in the late summer, you won’t have to worry about harvesting it. However, you should still be aware that the leaves are edible so you need to carefully read the packaging before you buy them. The plant doesn’t grow very tall, so it is not difficult to take care of and if you plan to replant it can be a great addition to your kitchen area or for your patio.
- Sansevieria Star has a dark green colour when it is fully grown. As it matures, the leaves will turn into a silvery-white colour. They also gain more colour as they age. The centre of the plant has small blooms which provide an added benefit. You can use these blooms as a garnish to add a unique flair to any salad. It has also been used to flavour ice cream and mayonnaise.
- The Sansevieria Star is a fast-growing plant. You can expect it to easily grow up to three feet tall. This is an excellent choice for a beginner since it is easy to maintain. It is a perennial meaning that it will stay in one location until it starts to die back. In fact, the best time for cultivation is during late summer through early fall.
- You don’t need to use any special tools or soil for cultivation. It works just like most other plants. You just need to be careful about pruning because it blooms at the ends of its flowering seasons. This means that you have a better chance of getting more flowers out of each stem.
- In addition to eating, the Sansevieria Star is a good ornamental plant. You can grow this in large containers indoors. If you want to grow it outdoors, you have to make sure that it gets plenty of sunlight. The plant will bloom best in direct sunlight. Overcast days will also prevent the best of the plants from growing. If you live in an area that receives a lot of sunlight, you might consider growing this in a pot that combines it with other Mediterranean-themed orchids such as Phalaenopsis or Paphiopedilum.
- Since the star plant blooms for a short period only, you shouldn’t water it very often. Every two weeks, just use a light hand. Although this is the case, you should use water frequently when the temperatures are high. This is because the plant doesn’t have much storage room inside its head. It will need to get water all the time, so it’s important to be able to move it from place to place.
- One of the many things you can do to preserve the Sansevieria Star plant is to keep it from freezing. Most varieties can handle temperatures around -4 degrees. This means that you should place it in a greenhouse if you live in a cold area. The use of ice packs or even greenhouses can help with this. It’s really up to you on how you protect your plant.
- Overall, this is a great plant that will attract many benefits. It’s a fairly easy plant to grow, so you should have no problem. Just be sure that you do all the proper things for it to be healthy and able to produce as well as possible. You don’t want any problems or health risks for your crop to develop.