ABOUT ANIGOZANTHOS BUSH ELEGANCE
ANIGOZANTHOS BUSH ELEGANCE is a Deep burgundy flowers atop upright, branched stems from spring through to autumn and rich, deep green foliage.
A wonderful smaller growing kangaroo paw, with distinct red to burgundy coloured flowers on branched stems. A relatively strong garden performer even in humid climates. Flowering season is limited to spring, but this makes it an easy care kangaroo paw as clean up of the dead flowers can be done at one time. Likes a well drained soil and a sunny spot. Great for massed planting, as a container plant, or for edging. Perfect fro smaller gardens to bring colour, and birds love the flowers. Mix with other coloured kangaroo paws for stunning effect. the blooms are attractive to birds and make good cut flowers. Kangaroo paws grow from underground rhizomes, so once established they are reasonably hardy. If the foliage becomes untidy, the leaves can be cut back hard to the ground to rejuvenate the plant. Late winter is a good time to do this, so that new growth occurs in spring.
USES & BENEFITS OF ANIGOZANTHOS BUSH ELEGANCE
- Plant as a feature in pots or use as a bordering plant in native gardens.
- Tolerant of coastal conditions, drought once established.
- The flowers are nectar rich and bird attracting.
- Popular used in cut flower arrangements.
- Plant in light free-draining soil in a full sun frost-free location with plenty of air.
- Suited to cottage style gardens.
- For best flowering display remove the first flower spike to help stimulate new flower buds.
- Prune spent flowers and dead foliage regularly and this plant will reward your efforts.
- Drought and coastal tolerant.
- Attracts birds.
- Easy care.
- Cut flowers hold their colour for weeks and wont fade in the sun.
- Great for borders, containers, gardens, mass planting and for cut flowers.