Which are the 5 best pots for indoor plants? If you are in the business of selling or growing indoor plants, then you know that the features of the best pots for indoor plants are very important. Good quality pots are durable enough to resist the effects of the weather while still providing a suitable environment for your plants to thrive in. You should be aware of the various features of the 5 best pots for indoor plants.
1. Tips for Selecting Best Pots for Indoor Plants
There are several tips for selecting the 5 best pots for indoor plants that should help you to find the right one.
1.1 Important Features
These important features include the
- Shape, and
However, they are not the only important features.
- You should also keep the quality in mind.
- Thus, if you want to save money on the purchase, you can choose cheap pots for your plants.
1.2 Climate of Your Area
The next thing you should know while selecting the 5 best pots for indoor plants is to think about the climate of your area.
1.2.1 For Hot Climate
If you live in a place with a hot climate, then you should go for the pots with a wide rim so that they can trap more heat.
1.2.2 For Cold Climate
If you live in a cold area, it is important to look for pots with thinner rims and thicker bases. This will make them better insulators. Moreover, you should consider the size of the plant and the type of root systems that your plant has.
1.3 Structure of Plant
First of all, for the selection of any of the 5 best pots for indoor plants you have to think about the root structure of the plant.
1.3.1 Depth of Pot
You should always make sure that the depth of the pot does not exceed 18 inches or else it will not be very good for growing plants. If it is too shallow, the roots may rot easily.
1.4 Shape and Design
Many features of the 5 best pots for indoor plants are affected by the shape and design of the container.
- These include the drainage system, the appearance and the overall size.
- Other features also include the ability to add accessories and the support systems
There are a lot of accessories available for the purpose of making your plants look beautiful.
- Some of the best pots for these purposes include vases, seed holders and fountains.
2. Terra-Cotta Pots
Terra-Cotta pots are one of the 5 best pots for indoor plants, these are made from clay that is processed to become hard and durable, perfect for use as containers for indoor plants. It is relatively unaffected by a number of the conditions that affect other organic materials such as wool, clay or sand. So, it is considered an ideal medium for growing a range of plants including those that are not native to your area.
2.1 Benefits of Terra-Cotta Pots For Indoor Plants
2.1.1 Ideal Properties
They are lightweight and easy to carry, they heat up nicely when placed in the sun and do not absorb much light, and have a tendency to retain moisture.
2.1.2 Provide Excellent Drainage
Another benefit of this type of potting medium is that it provides excellent drainage, helping reduce root rot.
- In other words, it is a great alternative for using in root-bearing soil, such as in tropical or subtropical areas
2.1.3 Durable and Versatile Material
Terra-Cotta is a unique material, which is composed of clay and earthy material.
- This material is highly durable and versatile, meaning it can be combined with other natural materials to create stunning designs.
- And, you can even use various textures, colors, and patterns.
2.1.4 Easy to Care for
Another of the benefits of Terra-Cotta Pots for Indoor Plants is that it is so easy to care for.
- Even though it is porous and holds moisture well, it does not have to be completely sealed when the plant leaves the pot to allow the water to escape and evaporate.
- This fact allows you to move the pots around easily and for extended periods of time with no damage to the plant roots.
2.1.5 Tolerate Diseases
Another advantage of this material is that it is tolerant to mold and fungal disease, making it suitable for use in growing a wide range of plants.
- It has a lower water content than clay, making it an ideal medium for drainage.
- Despite this fact however, it is still important to water the soil thoroughly when introducing new plants into a Terra-Cotta pot to ensure complete drainage.
- This will help avoid potential flooding and drought that can threaten your plants.
3. Ceramic Pots
Next on the list of the 5 best pots for indoor plants is ceramic pots. If you have a huge collection of indoor plants, you must be thinking of using ceramic pots for your collection. They are ideal for growing plants inside the house. However, there are many benefits of these pots that can’t be ignored.
3.1 Benefits of Ceramic Pots For Indoor Plants
3.1.1 Root Rot Resistance
Ceramic planters are very easy to maintain. However, if you want to protect your indoor plant from root rot then you should choose ceramic planters with good drainage holes.
- If the pots are equipped with drainage holes and have good drainage, you will be able to reduce the chances of the roots of your plant to rot.
The material used for this one of the 5 best pots for indoor plants is another important factor that determines the durability of the planter. Most reviews indicated that it lasts for years without showing any significant changes.
3.1.3 Reduce Air Humidity
The other important thing is that these pots can reduce the air humidity of your plants.
- In this case, the ceramic pot will prevent the evaporation of the water or soil from the inside and keep the indoor plants cool or warm.
188.8.131.52 Avoid Fungus and Diseases
This can avoid fungus and diseases to infect your plants. So, you can protect your plants easily and can grow them well with the help of ceramic pots.
3.1.4 Require Less Maintenance
Many people say that using ceramic pots is easy and hassle free. This is a fact because they require very less maintenance.
Another great benefit of this one of the 5 best pots for indoor plants is that they are very economical. In fact, you can use your hard-earned money to invest in them.
- You don’t have to spend too much money on buying plants because you can just use them to keep your favorite herbs and vegetables.
4. Self-watering Pots
Self-watering pots are one of the 5 best pots for indoor plants. A lot of gardeners are using self-watering pots and there are various good reasons why this type of gardening is very popular today. One good reason is that using such a system does not require the regular watering that is required by most other types of garden pots.
4.1 Benefits of Self-watering Pots For Indoor Plants
4.1.1 Save Money
Self-watering pots can also save you money. Most people buy containers with the idea that they will have to buy soil and other supplies from a gardening store on a regular basis.
- However, buying soil wicks is a bit expensive. Also, soil wicks break off often.
- With a Self-watering planter pot, you will save money and you won’t have to worry about having to replace wicks so often.
4.1.2 Faster Root Growth
The benefits of self-watering pots for plants include less water loss and evaporation and faster root growth due to more frequent waterings
184.108.40.206 Healthier Plants
Your plants will be healthier because you don’t have to worry about getting the soil too wet.
- The water goes directly into the roots, which help their metabolism.
4.1.3 Easy to Maintain
A third reason why people go for pots is that these pots are easy to maintain.
- The biggest problem most people face when they are growing their plants in pots is getting the soil and water to go to all the parts of the plants.
- Even if the planter has drainage cells, it will still take watering quite a bit.
5. Hanging Planters
Hanging planters are an inexpensive way to beautify your home while still providing your plants with the light they need to survive. Hanging planters are on the list of the 5 best pots for indoor plants because provide you with a variety of benefits.
This style of the planter is becoming increasingly popular for those who prefer to use artificial plants and houseplants to enhance the appearance of their home or office.
5.1 Benefits of Hanging Planters For Indoor Plants
5.1.1 Visually Appealing
This hanger system is very popular among people who wish to provide visually appealing planters. Since the planter is suspended from the ceiling, it can enhance the decor or the theme of a room.
- It can also be used for vases, as it is very sturdy and very easy to maintain.
5.1.2 Ease of Transferring
These planters can be easily transferred from one area of the house to another depending on the preferences of the homeowner.
- Hanging the planter on the outside of the house provides more exposure to sunlight. This can enhance the growth of the plants.
These planter systems are not only attractive but also durable. The hanging planter allows air circulation around the plant so it doesn’t get hot or stuffy, which is important for tropical plants.
5.1.4 Other Benefits
There are a lot of reasons why people choose to display these indoor planters. A few of them include
- Ease of cleaning,
- Decorative appeal,
- Privacy, and being able to control the amount of light entering a room.
6. Metal Planters
Metal planters are very appropriate to use in any type of plant that needs low maintenance. If you want to start growing a new plant or you are thinking of adding an indoor plant to your house, you should consider using metal planters. The benefits of this one of the 5 best pots for indoor plants are as follows:
6.1 Benefits of Metal Planters For Indoor Plants
6.1.1 Resist Insects and Fungal Infections
These planters are very advantageous because they are resistant to insects and fungal infections. Aside from being resistant, metal planters also look very beautiful especially if they are made using wrought iron or steel materials.
Another great benefit that you can have from metal planters is the fact that they are maintenance-free. Unlike outdoor plants, indoor plants do not require constant water and pest control maintenance.
- This is very convenient for those who are tight with money or cannot afford regular pest control maintenance.
6.1.3 Long Lasting
In addition to being easy to maintain, one of the other benefits of metal planters for indoor plants is that it can last for a long time. You don’t have to worry about replacing your planters often.
6.1.4 Light Weight
They are actually very light, as compared to other types of planters. This means that you don’t have to worry about trying to move this around when you have visitors at home.
These are some of the important characteristics of the 5 best pots for indoor plants. You also have to consider other factors like design, size, shape and color when you are looking for this equipment. It is important that you consider the needs of the plants when you are choosing their pots. Your local garden store should be able to help you out in this regard as they should have an expert who can assist you in this regard.
Some of the other features you should look for while using the 5 best pots for indoor plants include drainage system, lighting system, and height. The lighting system refers to the number of bulbs that are used. The pots used for ornamental plants should also have a height that matches the height of these ornamental plants. Plants usually grow best with pots that are similar to the size of the plant itself.
You should also consider other things including how easy it is to maintain the pots. This will largely depend on how often the plants will be used. Plants that are used frequently should be easier to maintain.