Fittonia Flammule Uses:-
- When the Fittonia Flammule begins to bloom the white petals will swell up and come out of the flower head. The blooming period for the Fittonia usually starts in late summer and lasts until early fall. The single large flower bud will usually burst after the first bloom.
- Each flower is approximately three inches in diameter, white, trumpet-shaped, and purple with red or yellow markings on them. The flowers can be cut easily so that you can hang them on any of your outdoor trellises or put them in vases.
- In nature, Fittonia flowers are seen on roads and in fields waiting for birds to pass by. These soft and pretty flowers attract butterflies and hummingbirds to their beauty and fragrance. You will find Fittonia flowers almost everywhere in your yard and garden. But because of the hardiness of Fittonia plants, you cannot take them everywhere you go.
Fittonia Flammule Health benefits:-
- The plant contains several substances, most of which are said to be toxic. But it is said that some of these substances help treat such things as acne, boils, abscesses, boils, lung congestion, oral infections, oral cancer, urinary tract infections, skin rashes, and minor skin irritations. The toxic materials found in the leaves include alkaloids with nitrogen, glycosides, and disulphide bonds.
- The plant is used in treating several conditions in which excess production of estrogen in the body is known to take place. For example, Fittonia leaves can be used for women who have undergone a hysterectomy because the uterus had to be removed to repair a woman’s uterus.
Fittonia Flammule Properties:-
- The flowers of Fittonia Flammule Plant are large and have four inches long stamens. They have a single ray which separates the stigma from the underground stem. In its erect state, the fitter can grow up to fifteen feet tall with the flowers blooming just before the end of summer. The plant blooms in July and August. It does not flower again until September.
- The Fittonia plant is cold hardy and is tolerant of most diseases. It can be grown in a variety of soil types and can tolerate some shade or poor light conditions. The leaves of the Fittonia are alternate and tapering and can be thinned out when they grow too long. The plant has a white flower that will last for two years.
- The Fittonia plant blooms in the late summer through early autumn. The flowers are trumpet-shaped with a large base and numerous off white petals. The Fittonia is a perennial if you plant it in a deeper garden it may bloom year-round. The leaves on this plant are quite small and very shiny and have two pointed tips. The flower heads are very large and have many different colours for them.
- Fittonia flowers are ideal for indoor orchids due to its ability to survive in very low light environments. The plant is also known to thrive in acidic soil conditions. To keep the plants healthy and blooming, it is important to give them plenty of sunlight and water. If you do not provide the required conditions for the plant, it will eventually die out resulting in poor quality flowers.