About of ALSTROEMERIA INCA MYSTIC
Dazzle your home and garden with this regal purple dwarf Alstroemeria! Inca Mystic produces brilliant blooms in shades of pale lilac, royal purple, and soft white. The inner petals are kissed with sweet little cocoa-colored freckles and strokes of gold.
Alstroemeria Inca Mystic (Alstroemeria x ligtu) features stunning lavender flowers from spring through to autumn. The Inca range of Alstroemeria are extremely compact making them ideal for pots and containers. Drought hardy and light frost tolerant they flower prolifically for up to nine months of the year.
Alstroemeria plants are pinched back for safe traveling. New growth will emerge from the tuberous roots in a few weeks time. A compact, bushy, clump-forming, tuberous perennial with lance-shaped, dark green leaves and, from early summer into autumn, funnel-shaped, pale lilac, royal purple flowers with brown-marked, white blotches on the inner petals.
Scientific Name: Alstroemeria hybrida
Blooming Season: Early Spring, Spring, Late Spring, Summer
Plant Habit: Upright
Height: 20 – 25cm
Benefits & Uses of ALSTROEMERIA INCA MYSTIC
- Garden Beds and Containers
- This mound-forming, tuberous perennial is perfect for borders, small gardens and is excellent in containers! Grow her in a partial sunny spot with fertile, evenly moist, well-draining soil.
- Flowers from spring through to autumn. A compact, bushy, clump forming, tuberous perennial with Lance shaped dark green leaves and form early summer onto autumn funnel shaped, pale lilac, royal purple flowers with brown marked white blotches on the inner petals.
- Dwarf Alstroemeria are ideal for brilliant containers, alone of mixed with other plant, and for accenting smaller garden beds
- Alstroemeria are true Goldilocks plants, they don’t like it too hot nor too cold. They are native to the Andes mountain region of South America.
- Home and garden with this regal purple dwarf Alstroemeria! Inca Mystic produces brilliant blooms in shades of pale lilac, royal purple, and soft white. The inner petals are kissed with sweet little cocoa-colored freckles and strokes of gold.
Things you need to know about Planting Alstroemeria Inca Mystic
1. Soil and Site
2. In the garden
3. For containers
4. Cut Flowers
Arrange with a drop of bleach in their flower water, and with new water every 4-5 days, they’ll last 3 weeks in a vase.
8-10; Annual everywhere else; Mulch or bring potted plants inside below 40F. Can be perennial to zone 7 with extra protection.
Easy to Grow Features
- Zones: 8-10; Annual everywhere else; Mulch or bring potted plants inside below 40F. Can be perennial to 7 zone with extra protection
- Light: Partial Sun; Bright indirect or filtered light is best
- Water: Moderate
- Height: 8-12 inches
- Bloom Color: Purple, Lilac, and White with Fetching Whiskers
- Bloom Season: Late Spring – Early Fall
- Purple flowers with purple centers
- Tough, compact garden plant
- Flowers from spring through to autumn
- Flowers can be used as cuts
- Cut back hard after flowering