1. Tips To Grow Yam Plant in the Garden
All you need to know about Yam and Its Benefits, that how to grow yam plant in the garden is a fairly easy question to answer, if you have been around any yam gardens, you would know that this is not always the case.
- Yam is a very tough and resilient plant, you can actually grow it in your garden.
- This plant is very easy to grow.
- It has been known to flourish in a variety of different types of soil.
If you are planning to try growing yam, you can follow these simple steps.
1.1 Good Quality Soil
From all you need to know about Yam and Its Benefits, firstly, you need to get yourself a good soil.
- Some types of yam prefer a particular type of soil, and others don’t.
- It is best to buy some garden soil and test it to determine which one it is best suited for.
- It is better if you get a professional to help you out with this.
1.2 Location Preparation
Secondly, from all you need to know about Yam and Its Benefits, you will need to prepare the location.
- Place the yam sapling or bush in a place where it gets enough sunlight.
- The soil where the yam grows best,
- Does not have to be sandy, as long as there is plenty of light and it is not soggy or loose.
1.3 Yam Maturation time
Thirdly, you have to wait for the yam to mature.
- You should start off by drying the plant completely before starting any fertilizer or watering.
- The tree starts to dry up, it is now ready for replanting.
- There are many methods on how to grow yam plant in garden. One of them is by using a creeper.
1.4 Method to Grow Yam
This very popular method of all you need to know about Yam and Its Benefits, how to grow yam plant in the garden and it has been for years.
1.4.1 Gather and Tie Shoots
In order to use this method,
- First have to gather some young shoots of the plant and tie them to a stick with a string so that they will not grow too much.
- Once you have tied them, you can now start digging a hole in the ground a few inches deep and place the creeper in.
- Water the plant well, while it is still young until it produces more flowers.
1.4.2 Watering Plants
- After it has produced some more flowers, you can now water the plant well.
- But make sure that you do not water it too much, since too much water could drown the roots.
- The next step would be to use a fertilizer.
2. Health Benefits of Yam vegetable
This article aims to provide you with all you need to know about Yam and Its Benefits. It is a non-seasonal vegetable grown mainly in Asia, in a largely edible form, which is considered a very good source of nutrition.
2.1 High consumption of Vitamin
According to some research, this vegetable has a lot of vitamin A, vitamin C and vitamin B6.
- Vitamin A helps in good vision and helps to protect against cataracts.
- Vitamin C helps in reducing the bleeding of gums.
- Vitamin B6 helps to control high cholesterol levels, and thus a good source of fiber.
- A deficiency of vitamin A or of vitamin C results in the formation of rickets, and the other deficiency results in wrinkling of skin and dark pigmentation of teeth.
Consumption of this vegetable has numerous other health benefits.
- High consumption of this vitamin helps to control high blood pressure.
- High blood pressure can be the result of a low quality cardiovascular system.
- This can be controlled to a great extent by consuming a good amount of vitamin B 6 in the form of beta carotene.
- In addition to good blood circulation, this vitamin helps to control diabetes.
2.1.1 Vitamin C
- It is also a good source of vitamin C.
- Vitamin C is a very important antioxidant, which helps to prevent free radical damage.
- Free radicals are molecules which lose electrons from healthy cells and cause health problems.
- Vitamin C deficiency can result in weakening of the bones, skin and mental disorders.
2.1.2 Vitamin E
- Vitamin E has been widely found to be a powerful antioxidant as well.
- It is capable of fighting free radicals and protecting against diseases like cancer.
- Another vitamin E found in this vegetable is called selenium. These two vitamins together are effective in preventing cancer.
2.1.3 Biotin and phosphorus
- A variety of other vitamins including Biotin and phosphorus can also be found in this vegetable.
- Biotin is a type of vitamin B, which helps to convert food into energy.
- It is also useful in metabolizing fats and glucose.
2.2 Best sources of beta carotene
The main reason for all you need to know about Yam and Its Benefits is because this vegetable has such a wide range of health benefits is because of its rich content of beta carotene.
- It is one of the best sources of beta carotene.
- The beta carotene found in this vegetable is responsible for the color of the flesh.
Green and yellow vegetables contain only a small amount of beta carotene. Therefore, the intake of these vegetables is limited, and if included, they are consumed in excess.
2.3 Avoidance of Cardiovascular diseases, Cancer and Alzheimer’s
- Various other diseases including cardiovascular diseases, cancer and Alzheimer’s are avoided by intake of this vegetable.
- It has also been found that eating this kind of vegetable on a regular basis prevents age-related eye problems.
- If you want to try this out, then visit your local market or buy frozen vegetable packs and cook it in your home.
If you are looking for a good source of vitamins and other nutrients, then look no further than the Yam because here is all you need to know about Yam and Its Benefits.
2.4 Other Benefits of Yam
There are many health benefits of Yam, from all you need to know about Yam and Its Benefits
- One of its most important benefits is that it helps in treating depression, migraines, blood pressure and allergies.
- It also has anti-inflammatory properties which help in relieving arthritis and improving blood flow.
- It is also good for heartburn, gastritis, dyspepsia and heartburn.
- Other benefits of this vegetable include increasing fertility in women and alleviating the symptoms of colds.
Many studies have been conducted on the health benefits of this vegetable. For example, one study reported,
- The women who ate at least four servings of fresh vegetables per day were less likely to suffer from pre-menopausal breast cancer.
- Elderly Japanese people who ate at least five portions of Yam per week were less likely to suffer from cardiovascular disease.
- Consuming Yam reduced the risk of developing diabetes.
3. Health Benefits of eating Yam vegetable
While learning, all you need to know about Yam and Its Benefits following questions arises.
- But what about the health benefits of eating these kinds of food?
- Are there really any real benefits to be gained from eating these kinds of foods?
- How do we know which ones are real and which ones we should be avoiding?
Read on to find out for all you need to know about Yam and Its Benefits.
- The first thing you need to understand is that eating healthy is important.
There are many health benefits of eating vegetables, but some are more important than others.
You will also learn about some of the reasons why you should be eating them. After reading this article, you should have a better idea about whether or not you should be eating fresh Yam.
3.1 Maintain a healthy weight
- One of the most obvious health benefits of eating these kinds of vegetables is that you can maintain a healthy weight.
- Just eating one serving of this kind of vegetable per day can reduce your body weight up to 4%.
- This is because it is rich in potassium, magnesium and folic acid, making it a very healthy food.
- Yams are all rich in potassium, which means they will lower your body’s sodium levels as well.
3.2 Fight against Diseases
- Another of the many health benefits of eating this vegetable is that you can fight against certain diseases.
- Some of the diseases that you can fight off with the help of this vegetable include cancer, high blood pressure, high cholesterol, diabetes and heart disease.
- Yam is rich in vitamin A and beta-carotene, which are two types of antioxidants. These two antioxidants can help reduce the damage caused to your arteries by high cholesterol.
3.3 Slow the Aging Process
- Another of the great benefits of this vegetable is how it helps slow the aging process in your body.
- Can find several anti-aging benefits of consuming this kind of vegetable.
- Since it is rich in potassium and iron, it helps improve circulation and reduces the effects of age on the body.
- It also contains high amounts of vitamin C, which makes it a healthy food to eat.
3.4 High in Fiber, Calcium and Phytonutrients
- Some of the reasons why eating this type of vegetable is so great is that it is high in fiber, calcium and phytonutrients.
- Many of the vegetables and fruits are loaded with these nutrients, but it is difficult to absorb these nutrients when eating them in large amounts.
- When you eat these in small portions, your body is better able to absorb these nutrients into your body.
A fact from all you need to know about Yam and Its Benefits, some experts even say that you can have as many as six servings of this vegetable per day without getting any nutrients from it at all.
4. Skincare Benefits Yam vegetable
Healthy, radiant skin is attractive to everyone! Here are some of the Skincare Benefits of Yam that covers all you need to know about Yam and Its Benefits.
- One of the most healthful foods available today is the Yam.
- This Asian vegetable is packed with nutrients that can improve the quality and look of your skin.
- The skin is the largest organ of the body, so it only makes sense that you want it to look its very best.
4.1 Powerful Antioxidant
One of the most important reasons from all you need to know about Yam and Its Benefits, is why this vegetable is so healthy, because it is a powerful antioxidant.
- Antioxidants fight off free radicals that cause damage in your body from the inside out.
- Free radicals are chemical molecules that move around the body in your blood stream.
- They can attack the cells in your organs or damage DNA strands.
- Damaged DNA strands lead to spontaneous mutations that lead to cancer.
- The cells of your skin are very vulnerable to these changes, so they need to be protected.
4.2 Production of collagen and elastin
- Yam also contains vitamin A, which aids in the production of collagen and elastin.
- These two skin proteins are responsible for the firmness and elasticity of your skin.
- Without them, the skin’s appearance degrades.
- Lack of collagen and elastin leads to sagging skin and wrinkles.
- Vitamin A helps maintain the levels of these proteins in your skin.
4.3 Skin Nourishment
- Another Skincare benefit of Yam is that it nourishes your skin from within.
- Your skin needs essential nutrients from within the food you eat to stay healthy.
- One such nutrient that Yam provides is biotin.
- Biotin helps control the process by which fat is turned into energy.
- Without biotin, your skin cannot metabolize fat to energy.
4.4 Fight skin Diseases
- Yam is high in vitamins, minerals, and protein, it helps fight off skin diseases such as acne, psoriasis, and rashes.
- It is also beneficial for a healthy digestive system and aids in proper cell growth. Your skin will appear younger and healthier when you include Yam in your diet.
- In addition to these benefits, eating Yam will prevent certain types of skin disease.
For instance, those with fair skin but damaged collagen are more likely to develop cancer of the skin.
- People with dry skin or with oily skin are also more at risk.
- People with normal skin don’t seem to be at risk.
4.5 Skin Health improvement
When it comes to skincare benefits of Yam, these are just some of the many. There are so many more.
- If you’re looking for natural beauty products that really do offer effective ways to improve the health of your skin, then consider trying Yam.
- It’s completely safe and it’s one of the most effective natural beauty aids available.
- All you need to know about Yam and Its Benefits
All you need to know about Yam and Its Benefits are not just cosmetic. They also have real health benefits.
- One of the ways that Yam helps the skin is that it stimulates cell growth.
- As skin cells grow, they become stronger and more flexible.
- They are also less prone to damage.
4.6 Skin Repairing
There are many things that can damage your skin, and Yam can help to repair them. This can be major thing considering all you need to know about Yam and Its Benefits.
- Pollution and other environmental irritants can damage the skin.
- The body’s own natural skincare system can sometimes be too weak
- As we age, there are fewer new cells generating new skin cells. This means that the skin can become dry and wrinkled.